In last week’s blog post, we introduced the rationale for adding radio advertising to your funeral home’s marketing efforts. This week, let’s look at some statistics.
Radio’s Reach Is Vast
Radio’s audience is much larger and more varied than the audience for any social media platform or other common entertainment method. It even beats out television. Consider:
- More than 90 percent of people in America report listening to the radio
- Only 87 percent report watching television
- Just over 80 percent report using a smartphone
- Only about half report regularly using a PC computer
And while smartphone and PC use rates might rise drastically as age drops, radio use is stable over all generations:
- 90 percent of people aged 18 to 34 listen monthly
- 94 percent of people aged 35 to 49 tune in monthly
- 91 percent of people aged 50 and older use radio monthly
Of course, we should clarify that we’re referring here to “terrestrial” radio—the local stations broadcast in your area. Satellite radio, such as SiriusXM, remains specific to national campaigns at least for now.
Stay tuned for more on this topic in Part 3 of this blog series, coming next week.