It’s no secret that consumers love convenience. And when it comes to SEO, the Google spotlight definitely favors completeness and authority. Topic clusters let you bring the best of all these traits to your funeral home content marketing.
What Are Topic Clusters?
Content clusters are multiple posts or pages that circle the marketing wagons around a central theme or topic. Typically, clusters are made up of three components.
- Pillar posts or pages, which are typically 2,000 or more words in length and provide a comprehensive but high-level overview of a specific topic
- Subtopic posts, which go into more detail about individual topics that are touched on in or are related to pillar content
- Internal linking, which ties the pillar posts and subtopics together to make a cluster
The Benefits of Topic Clusters
Planning for and creating content in this format can have a number of benefits, including:
- Positioning you as a leading authority on a topic
- Making it possible to cover topics from a variety of angles to match searcher intent
- Boosting page performance in SERPs, because well-structured topic clusters include strong SEO
- Encouraging people who land on your page via organic traffic to stay on your site, clicking ever closer to the conversion
Tips for Funeral Home Marketing via Content Clusters
Begin by deciding on an overall topic. While the goal of content is to drive traffic and conversions, clusters work best when you choose topic you can educate others on. Deathcare companies might consider options such as cremation, funeral or memorial planning, or preplanning final arrangements.
Next, create a pillar post for the topic. For example, “10 steps to preplanning your final arrangements,” a comprehensive guide to cremation, or a buying guide for selecting the right casket or urn.
Finally, create subtopic blog posts, landing pages, and product pages that can be integrated with the pillar content vial interlinking. If your pillar content is a broad overview of the steps to preplanning, you might create a separate blog post providing more details about each step and landing pages for your preplanning services.
All this content then works together to help you stand out in search engine resultsif you put the time and effort into ensuring quality.