Whether you have a dedicated in-house marketing team or rely on a hodgepodge of funeral directors and admins to get the job done, your staff probably doesn’t have enough time in every day. Online marketing is an enormous task with never-ending needs, making it a challenge for SMBs with limited resources. Find out how to solve this common problem below.
Does Your Staff Really Struggle to Get it All Done?
Yes, they probably do. Unless you have a large in-house marketing team, chances are that each of your employees is wearing multiple hats. Here are just some of the things online marketing teams must attend to (and the approximate hours per week required for each task).
- Planning content marketing campaigns, including keyword and competitive research and deciding what types of content are needed 5 hours
- Coming up with content ideas, creating and editing the content, and ensuring each item is appropriately published 10 to 60 hours, depending on how many marketing channels need content and how often you want to post
- Managing social media channel engagement, including liking and sharing content from others as well as responding to comments and messages 5 to 10 hours
- Planning advertising campaigns, including keyword research, budgeting and bidding, and ad creation 5 to 20 hours, depending on the scale of the campaigns
- Planning and driving email marketing campaigns 1 to 5 hours
- Attending to online reputation management, such as responding to reviews 2 to 5 hours
While this list is not exhaustive, you can see how quickly the time demands for online marketing add up.
Limited Skill and Knowledge Resources
Another resourcing challenge many funeral homes face when it comes to marketing: skills. Most small and midsize firms can’t afford to hire an entire team of professional online marketers, so they might make do with one or two people with the right knowledge. Or, in many cases, funeral home leadership and admin staff may attempt to stand in, creating content and campaigns themselves.
A Scalable Solution
A common mistake in facing these challenges is trying to do all the work in-house. Instead, consider outsourcing some or all of your online marketing efforts. An experienced funeral home marketing agency such as Ring Ring Marketing can help you plan content marketing campaigns that align with your business goals and then do the work of executing on those ideas so you can spend more time managing your funeral home.