As the last week of this year plays out, hopefully you’ve already been considering your business goals for 2020 for some time now. If you’re not already including online marketing in those thoughts, you should.
Get started with these five predictions about the immediate future of home improvement SEO and what you can do to benefit from them:
1. Voice search continues to grow, which means conversational content is a must in the new year. Consider replacing encyclopedic articles about windows and doors with content that sounds like an expert talking to a friend about the products.
2. Mobile search still reigns, and if your site isn’t mobile-friendly, you’re going to continue to lose opportunities to close deals in 2020. Plus, Google is moving ever closer to policies that keep all sites that aren’t mobile-friendly from being indexed at all, so the SEO stakes are pretty high on this one.
3. Local SEO is getting more powerful. It might be a globally connected world, but people searching from their phones want to see businesses and buying options in their own neighborhoods. Create content relevant to the people, placings, and events in your community to score some local SEO points.
4. Google My Business is increasingly important—partly because Google is partial to serving up its own properties in response to searches. If you haven’t already claimed your free GMB profile, you’ll want to so in 2020 so you can put it to work for SEO.
5. The featured snippet is going big league. For many companies, winning Google’s answer box is one of the biggest content goals for the end of 2019, and that’s not going to change in 2020.
Keep up with your competition by writing content that asks a question and provides a short, conversational, and complete answer. As an added bonus, this type of content also helps you perform well in voice searches.