When consumers want to find goods and services locally, they tend to turn to the internet first. More than 85 percent use the internet for this purpose, and half of all searches that contain the words near me result in a visit to a local store or office. That’s a powerful marketing opportunity, but home improvement companies can only wield it if they have the right pages in place.
And for this purpose, the right pages are location pages.
What Are Location Pages?
Also called local pages, these are landing pages on your site that speak to a specific location while including relevant, quality content about your business, goods, or services. The goal of local pages is to help you rank higher for searches such as “window covering business near me” or “window replacement company in Houston” without peppering your page with awkward keywords.
The Benefits of Local Pages for Home Improvement Marketing
Taking the time to integrate local-facing copy into your content has numerous advantages:
- It helps increase your rank for local searches and could land you in map or local pack results, doubling your presence on page one of Google search results.
- It hones your SEO, ensuring your home improvement marketing efforts are more likely to target people in the right geographic locations.
- It helps position you as a local company that cares about and is involved in the community, which can embolden trust in potential clients.
Essential Elements of a Good Location Page
Your location pages should include high-quality, unique copy and all the other best practices for SEO. Some common elements of local pages that perform include:
- Name, address, and phone number (NAP) data marked with schema
- Photos of the exterior and interior of your business
- A description of the location, such as what it’s near or how to get there—make sure to write a unique version of this for each local page you publish
- Relevant content for the page, such as a description of services or why the product is important
With more than 70 percent of consumers saying search is their first choice when it comes to ferreting out info on local companies, home improvement companies can’t afford to ignore the power of location pages.